Now At Fortis Hospital MulundWorking as a Senior Consultant and Chief of Urology
2006-2013 At Aditya Birla Memorial HospitalWorked as a Senior Consultant and Chief of Urology
2003-2006 At Bombay Hospital IndoreWorked as a Senior Consultant Urologist
2003 At R. G. Stone Urological Research Institute, MumbaiWorked as a Chief Urologist & Head of Endourology Unit
MBBS & MS
from GMC Nagpur (1984-1992)
At the Grant Medical College, Mumbai in 1995 with eminent teachers like Dr. Percy Chibber & Dr. Madhav Kamat.
- Dr. Maheshwari comes from a family of Doctors; Parents Dr. N K Maheshwari & Dr. Mrs. Tara Maheshwari have been senior physicians at Akola.
- Wife, Dr. Mrs. Reeta Maheshwari is Associate professor in Physiology.
- He is blessed with two daughters.
- Recipient of Societe Internationale Urology Traveling Fellowship for 1999– 2000, which he utilized for training in Holmium laser in Urology at New Zealand and at New York.
- Pioneer in the use of Holmium laser in urology in India. He started performing holmium laser enucleation of prostate for management of Benign Enlargement of Prostate in late 1998.
- One of the initial persons to start therapeutic flexible ureteroscopy in India. Started in 1999. He has 50 national and international publications of which eight are quoted in the Campbell’s textbook of Urology.
- Few unusual surgical procedures were done for the first time in India by Dr. Maheshwari.
- Laparoscopy assisted PCNL for large calculi in pelvic kidney (3 cases).
- Laparoscopic repair of spontaneous bladder perforation.
- He has devised a new technique for placement of CAPD catheter laparoscopically. This significantly reduces the complications of CAPD catheter. (> 100 cases)
He has authored three books in Urology.
- “Hand Book on DJ Stents”. This book was published during the West Zone annual conference at Mehsana.
- ‘Kidney se Parichay’ was written on the eve of the World Kidney Day to provide information to lay public about Kidney failure, stone disease and prostate enlargement.
- Introduction to Kidney diseases. This was compiled for lay public and released on 5th June, 2008.
- He is the member of the Editorial committee of the Indian Journal of Urology. He is also a member of editorial review panel for many national and international journals.
- He is the Honorary Treasurer of the of the West Zone chapter of the Urology Society of India (2016-18). Before that he has served as a council member from 2014 to 2016.
- He was elected as a ‘Council Member’ of the Mumbai Urology Society for 03-05 and 14-15.
- He has trained over 50 urologists, surgeons and postgraduate students in Endourology and lithotripsy.
- Invited faculty to many National and international conferences and has delivered more than 200 talks.
- On social fronts, Dr. Maheshwari is an active memberof the Lions Club of Mulund and is a past president Lions Club.